OMD offers many tools and resources for clinicians and their staff.
OMDs monthly newsletter tips and advice on EMRs, digital health and virtual care tools you can use now.
- Digital Health eTips – July 2022
- Digital Health eTips – June 2022
- Digital Health eTips – May 2022
- Digital Health eTips – April 2022
- Digital Health eTips – March 2022
- Digital Health eTips – February 2022
- Digital Health eTips – January 2022
- Digital Health eTips – December 2021
- Digital Health eTips – November 2021
- Digital Health eTips – October 2021
- Digital Health eTips – September 2021
- Digital Health eTips – August 2021
- Digital Health eTips – July 2021
On April 1, 2020, the former AFHTO EMR Communities of Practice (CoPs) transitioned to OntarioMD. These communities were created to bring together EMR users and vendors to work together to leverage their collective wisdom to improve access to, and use of, EMRs and digital health tools.
Members of the individual communities, vendor representatives, and OntarioMD staff meet quarterly to:
- Exchange ideas, knowledge, and information
- Provide mutual support
- Review new tools, products, and best practices.
- Explore solutions and potential areas for improvement
OntarioMD currently facilitates four EMR Communities of Practice:
|Community of Practice||Vendor Representative||Meeting Frequency|
|P&P||P&P Data Systems||Quarterly|
|PS Suite||TELUS Health||Quarterly|
EMR Community of Practice Membership
The EMR CoPs welcome the participation of all OntarioMD-certified EMR product users, as well as staff from EMR vendors, and other external partners. Membership in the CoPs is voluntary. Participants will not receive financial compensation for their time. All CoP members are equal; their knowledge, opinions, and input are equally valued and respected.
CoPs do not replace or substitute any current training or support processes in place by EMR vendors.
To join a CoP, please fill in the short membership application form.
If you would like more information about the CoPs, please email email@example.com.
- Tips to Identify Phishing Emails
- Bulletin – What Clinicians Need to Know About Encryption
- Tips for Data Protection
- Privacy and Security Training Module
- Bulletin – Windows 7 Support is Ending! Upgrade to Protect Your Practice
- Privacy Training Case Study
- Bulletin – Ransomware Threatens Health Care Industries
- Bulletin – Keeping Patient Data in EMRs Private
- OMA Insurance – Protect Your Office/Clinic With Cyber Insurance
- Learn About Cybersecurity, Reporting Cybercrime and Keeping Your Information Safe Online (OMA Login Required)